People learn more from misses than hits: Abhay Deol
New Delhi: After putting up a brave front by choosing unconventional roles on the screen, Abhay Deol tried his hand at film production with `One By Two`, but the film failed to impress moviegoers. The actor is undaunted and is in no mood to "quit" as he believes that in life, "misses" are a bigger learning than "hits".
"Nothing is a mistake in life. A mistake only happens when you don`t learn from it and I believe that people learn more from their misses over hits. So it (`One By Two`) was a learning experience for me," Abhay said during an interview.
The actor says one failed venture can`t deter him from trying out new things in future.
"It has not put off the process of production for me. You can`t quit. Why wouldn`t you want to produce other films especially after learning so much from your first production venture? You`re better equipped now for your second project," he added.
Directed by Devika Bhagat, `One By Two`, which released earlier this year, starred Abhay himself with his real life girlfriend Preeti Desai.
The film was made for about Rs.15 crore and it managed an opening weekend collection which reportedly ranged only between Rs.1.25 crore and Rs.1.5 crore.
However, the `Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara` actor has decided to move on and is now working on his next production titled `Bounty Hunters`. Once again, he is producing it and acting in it as well.
If reports are to be believed, he has joined hands with a Britain-based production house to co-produce the film. But Abhay, who was recently in the capital to be part of Mission Energy Sessions, organised by a television channel along with Grundfos Pumps India Pvt Ltd, wants to wait before confirming anything.
"That was something that the producer announced, but there was no movement happening on that front. I haven`t personally spoken about that as I need a few things to be cleared before I talk about it. And those few things have not happened; so there is no point of talking about that," he said.
Active in Hindi filmdom since his debut in 2005 with `Socha Na Tha`, the 38-year-old has faced the camera to play various kinds of roles in films like `Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd.`, `Ek Chalis Ki Last Local`, `Manorama Six Feet Under`, `Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!`, `Dev.D` and `Chakravyuh`.
With nine years of experience in showbiz, he was last appreciated for his role in 2013 released film `Raanjhanna, also starring Sonam Kapoor and southern actor Dhanush. Now, Abhay is looking forward to a busy year ahead with his acting projects.
What`s also taking up his time is an eco-friendly home in Goa.
Sharing his concept of making the house, he said: "I`m making it as green as possible. There are people who will rate the house and tell us how green it is. We will follow up and make sure that it stays green and also there are those who will give me ideas on how I can use the power and energy in the best way possible."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' breaks into Rs 100 crore club
- Vidya Balan turns down Suchitra Sen biopic
- Disney pulls plug on 'Tron 3'
- 21 European films to be screened in Kolkata
- Mamata Banerjee remembers Rituparno Ghosh as West Bengal's pride
- Iggy Azalea cancels tour
- 'Ishqedarriyaan' review: An oft-seen love story
- Chris Brown sometimes hated himself
- Emilia Clarke called 'Dragon Lady' in shops
- Kangana Ranaut inaugurates first Gap store in India
- Nicki Minaj particular about sex
- Ashlee’s behaviour got her booted
- Photog dies of heart attack after ‘shooting’ Lady Gaga
- Carey’s dogs have their own entourage!
- Posh’s Christmas gift for Becks – micro-pigs!
- Lady Gaga voted Weirdest Star
- Lindsay threatened by fake gun!
- Teacher posts nude pics on web to annoy beau
- Man can’t touch his ‘creamy’ wife!
- `A Celeb`s life is similar to a vampire’s’
- Psychic contacts Jackson`s spirit
- Cheryl Cole listens to her own records
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- Delhi HC turns down plea challenging LG Jung's authority
- IIT Madras bans Dalit students forum for 'criticising' PM Modi
- DNA: Blow to Kejriwal, Delhi High Court backs LG
- DNA: Exploitation of migrant workers in Qatar
- Radioactive nuclear medicine leak detected at Delhi's IGI Airport
- IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani hits back, challenges Rahul Gandhi to a debate
- MHA notification: SC issues notice to Delhi govt
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 29, 2015
- Railways may hike AC class fares from June 1, 2015
- Protests outside IIT-Madras against ban on students' group
- Special: Heart-wrenching tales of elderly people in old age homes
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere
- Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared today soon
- BSEB (biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in): Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared tomorrow on May 30
- Dangerous levels of toxins in Delhi's air as heat and dust intensify
- US formally removes Cuba from terror blacklist in landmark move
- Top 5 places to eat in Delhi University's campuses
- Maggi noodles controversy: Case to be filed against Nestle in UP today
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be announced today at 10:30 AM
- Log on to ahsec.nic.in: AHSEC 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Arrival of Monsoon over Kerala delayed by 2-3 days: Met Department