Played football in school, used to be goalkeeper: Akshay Kumar
Kolkata: Hailing the eastern metropolis as the "city of sports", Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar Friday revealed that he played soccer in school and was the goalkeeper.
The `Khiladi` star reminisced his three years spent in the city and fondly recalled his love for football.
"I used to be a goalkeeper in my school. I call myself, more than anything else, a sportsman," he said at a programme in East Bengal club.
"Kolkata is the city of sports and I love this city. Three years of my life I spent in this city and I learnt a lot," said Akshay, who along with actress Sonakshi Sinha, would participate in a cultural gala organised by the soccer giants at the Salt Lake Stadium.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sanah intimidated more by dad Pankaj Kapur than Shahid
- Hindi music industry is ruled by Bollywood: Ehsaan Noorani
- Former 'Bigg Boss' contestant Rahul Mahajan beats girlfriend?
- What's Aditya Chopra's special plan for wife Rani Mukerji?
- Watch: Pooja Misrra creates ruckus, beats store staff in Delhi’s Karol Bagh