Police threaten to arrest Justin Bieber over fears of riots by fans
New York: Canadian pop singer Justin Bieber was threatened arrest by police in Britain over fears that his appearance could cause a “possible riot” among his frenzied fans.
According to TMZ.com, Bieber, 17, who was holed up in his Liverpool hotel room after fans swarmed the place, was warned by the police that if he stepped anywhere near the balcony of his hotel he would be arrested.
“This Is Crazy!” the New York Daily News quoted Bieber as tweeting even as police said the mob could turn into a “possible riot situation”
Bieber was in Liverpool, birthplace of the Beatles, for a stop on his tour when the teens got word of his location and created a scene reminiscent of 1960s Beatlemania.
The singer, who often tweets about how much he loves his fans, said that he was “trying to work it out so I can say whatup to my fans”.
Finally, police allowed a pyjamas-clad Bieber to go onto his balcony and wave, which only made the crowd stay but did not incite a riot.
“That was great! Got to say hi to everyone. We are following the rules. Lol. LOVEMYFANS,” he tweeted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Drishyam movie review: Ajay Devgn, Tabu's game of deception!
- My fashion label resonates with me: Madhuri Dixit
- Amitabh Bachchan meets onscreen mother on her 86th birthday
- Kangana Ranaut, Neha Dhupia are stylish actresses: Kalki Koechlin
- Rahul Mishra showcases woman's softness, strength through collection