Prakash Jha mulls film for special status for Bihar
Patna: Noted filmmaker Prakash Jha is strongly considering to raise the demand for special category status for Bihar through one of his upcoming films.
"A documentary can be made on the theme or the subject could be integrated in the script of some other movie.
The filmmaker, who contested last Lok Sabha election on LJP ticket in Bihar, had spoken about highlighting the subject on celluloid in his speech at Gandhi Maidan during Bihar bandh yesterday.
Jha is credited with making successful films like `Apaharan`, `Gangajaal`, `Raajneeti` and more recently Amitabh Bachachan starrer `Satyagraha`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No film can flop if planned properly: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Aamir Khan, Rohit Shetty extend help to ailing filmmaker Kalpana Lajmi
- Promotion is burden on filmmaking: Irrfan Khan
- Swedish author Henning Mankell loses battle to cancer
- Oops! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput bump into Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor in a gym!