Pran was `pran` of every film: Aamir Khan
Mumbai: Mourning the death of Bollywood`s most loved villain Pran, Bollywood star Aamir Khan says he was the life of all the movies he worked in.
"He was an institution and we have lost one of the legends of Indian cinema," Aamir -- who feels fortunate to have worked with the legend very early in his career -- told reporters Tuesday.
"We have learnt a lot from him. I was fortunate that I got to work with him in the beginning of my career in `Isi Ka Naam Zindagi`. He was the `pran` (life) of every film," he added.
Pran died July 12. He was 93. The late actor, who featured in over 400 movies in a career spanning six decades, is know for his negative roles in "Madhumati" and "Ram Aur Shyam".
Aamir recalls how as a kid he used to shiver with fear just on seeing Pran`s name in a film`s credit roll.
"I remember as a kid when I used to see Pran saab`s name in the titles, I used to get scared such was his impact and work. He made a huge contribution to the Indian cinema," said Aamir
He was speaking on the sidelines of the special screening of Anand Gandhi`s "Ship of Theseus" hosted by him and his wife Kiran Rao.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Communities of colour still being crushed: John Legend
- Top lesser known facts about fabled cartoonist Sudhir Tailang
- Renowned Indian cartoonist Sudhir Tailang passes away at 55
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Michael Jackson's daughter hits out at 'expectations'