Pregnant Jewel Kilcher donates ‘nursing bras’ to charity to help new moms
London: Singer Jewel Kilcher, who is expecting her first child later this year with her husband, rodeo star Ty Murray, has donated thousands of nursing bras to charity to help new mothers care for their babies.
She decided to help other families cope with parenthood by teaming up with Bravado! Designs to hand over bras and tank tops to charity Baby Buggy.
The garments will now be distributed to needy mothers in Dallas, Texas and New York.
“Thank you to Bravado! Designs for partnering with me to donate over 2,600 nursing bras to mothers in need through the extraordinary work of Baby Buggy,” the Daily Express quoted Jewel as saying.
“This is an unparalleled opportunity and honour to play such a meaningful role in the lives of other new mothers, and help to assure that all women get the products and care they need for themselves and the next generation.
“Bravado! Designs and Baby Buggy have given me the tools to make a real difference in the lives of other new mothers.
“Through this affiliation, I am able to provide quality products and necessary services to support at-risk mothers who struggle to provide the best possible future for their babies,” she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil': Anushka Sharma smitten with Karan Johar's Bollywood flavour
- Swedish author Henning Mankell lost battle to cancer
- Kannada actor Shivarajkumar suffers minor heart attack, admitted to hospital
- Oops! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput bump into Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor in a gym!
- Sunny Leone blasts Kerala government for culling stray dogs