Preity-Ness case: Gangster's threat SMS to Nusli Wadia was from Iran
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: The Preity Zinta-Ness Wadia issue has blown completely out of proportion. The sudden involvement of gangster Ravi Pujari in the case has made things worse.
The gangster, who is reportedly abroad, apparently warned Nusli Wadia, the father of Ness, of dire consequences if the harassment of Preity Zinta were to continue. The threats were issued over five telephone calls as well as through one text message. The call was traced to Iran.
“We have received a complaint from Wadia`s office saying two employees received calls... The caller claimed to be Ravi Pujari and we are in the process of registering a case. Investigations have been transferred to the Anti-Extortion Cell,” DNA quoted Commissioner Rakesh Maria as saying on Wednesday.
"Zinta`s name was mentioned in the text message. The message also had the name of Ravi Pujari," DNA quoted Mumbai police spokesperson DCP Mahesh Patil as saying.
Investigations have been transferred to the Anti-Extortion Cell.
Meanwhile, continuing its investigation into the Preity Zinta humiliation case, the Marine Drive police have sought copies of the e-mails Zinta sent to Ness Wadia. She had apparently warned her former beau to stay away from her. Police are investigating the matter to figure out if the issue fits in into Section 354 (d) of the Criminal Law (Amendment) Act, 2013. Police may slap the charge of stalking Preity despite repeated warnings from her.
On the basis of Zinta’s complaint, police have pressed charges under Sections 509 and 354 (outraging a woman’s modesty), 504 (breach of peace), 506 (criminal intimidation) of the IPC against her former boyfriend Ness Wadia. The actress has also been asked to return from the US soon so as to be available for a panchnama.
Preity had lodged a complaint against Ness last week alleging that her former boyfriend had humiliated her in public during an Indian Premier League match on May 30 at Wankhede stadium in South Mumbai. The match was between Chennai Super Kings and Kings X1 Punjab. She has charged him for harassment and humiliation, among other things.
Police have summoned Preity to record her statement. She is expected to return to India on Thursday and record her statement on Friday.
The CCTV footage of the incident, cited by the actor and was recovered by police, couldn’t be of much assistance as they could not identify Ness and Preity`s seats. They could not be seen at the back of the stadium where the incident allegedly took place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Asking money from producers to feature Pakistani actors in their films is extortion, says Ashoke Pandit on 'ADHM'
- Here's how 'Ahoi Ashtami' is celebrated
- Maharashtra CM assured smooth release of 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil', says Mukesh Bhatt
- Love Day: Pyar Ka Din movie review Tedious and uninspiring
- Ranbir Kapoor - Anushka Sharma - Aishwarya Rai Bachchan vs Salman Khan: TRP battle this weekend
- Where nationalism is concerned, I don't think Bollywood is divided: Ajay Devgn
- Gauri Khan chills with youngest son AbRam in Barcelona!
- Esha Gupta named Goodwill Ambassador for 'touching little heart'
- `Ae Dil Hai Mushkil` controversy: Pahlaj Nihalani lashes out at film associations backing MNS
- Birthday girl Parineeti Chopra comes home to an amazing surprise