Preity-Ness case: Police may not question Wadia this week
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: The Preity Zinta-Ness Wadia public humiliation case fails to find a resolution as either party is not willing to opt for an out of court settlement.
According to the latest reports, Police may start recording statements of the nine witnesses produced by Wadia. However, the police have denied having any plans to question the industrialist in the case this week.
Wadia named nine witnesses who could possibly negate the actress` claims.
In her complaint, Preity had accused Wadia of humiliating her in public during an Indian Premiere League Match (IPL) between Chennai Super Kings and Kings XI Punjab on May 30.
The controversy started when Preity filed a written complaint following which an FIR was registered at the Marine Drive Police station against Wadia under IPC Sections 354 (assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty), 504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace), 506 (punishment for criminal intimidation) and 509 (word, gesture or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman). The case was filed on 13th May.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Richa Chadha keen to play Draupadi on screen!
- Priyanka Chopra shares moment of 'madness' with Hugh Jackman!
- When Chris Martin calls Katrina 'Katrina Kaif Kapoor'
- This is how Akshay Kumar made his darling daughter Nitara's birthday more special! Pics inside
- B-Town celebs congratulate Sania Mirza on Pan Pacific Open win!