Preity Zinta: Not renting out my place to pay off my debts
Mumbai: Actress-turned-businesswoman Preity Zinta has rubbished reports suggesting that she is looking to "lease out" her flat in Khar locality here to pay off her debts, saying "it`s thousand percent untrue".
"Where did this come from? I am amazed at how off-the-mark the report is. It is a thousand percent untrue," said the 39-year-old.
"By the grace of god, I`m most comfortably able to look after myself financially. It is not only untrue it`s extremely irritating to read such fabrications about oneself," added the actress of hits like ‘Dil Chahta Hai’ and ‘Kal Ho Naa Ho’.
Preity, co-owner of Kings XI Punjab IPL team, doesn`t know whether to be amused or annoyed by the reports.
"There is so much drama in that story. `Bechari` (poor) Preity. She has to vacate her `mahal` (palace) and live in a `jhopdi` (shanty) because the cruel creditors are breaking down her door. I wish people would look for their afternoon soap opera scripts somewhere else. There is no such drama happening in my life," she said.
To her embarrassment, Preity`s friends from the film industry have been making discreet inquiries about her financial status.
"I am not going bankrupt, guys. If anything, I see a bankruptcy of another kind in desperate news like reports like these," said Preity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ranganathan Madhavan achieved lean look for ‘Vikram Veda’ without workout
- The Kapil Sharma Show: THIS international superstar made the comedian say 'Oh My God'
- Mahira Khan wants Pakistan to watch Shah Rukh Khan starrer 'Raees'
- Priyanka Chopra gears up for ‘Live with Kelly’
- Shahid Kapoor’s brother Ishaan Khatter starts shooting for debut film which may feature THIS A-LIST actress
- Sushant Singh Rajput perfects Salman Khan’s ‘Oh O Jaane Jana’ moves – WATCH
- Kangana Ranaut says Mumbai relatively safer
- Kamal Haasan slams PETA over jallikattu, asks it to ban 'bull riding rodeos' in Trump's US
- Bollywood celebs saddened by Hirakhand Express tragedy
- Priyanka Chopra shows support for anti-Trump Women's March