President condoles demise of Rituparno Ghosh
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee Thursday condoled the death of eminent director Rituparno Ghosh, saying the demise of this "promising and creative" genius is a huge loss to the Indian film industry.
In a condolence message to the director`s brother, Indranil Ghosh, Mukherjee said: "An acclaimed and highly talented director, Rituparno Ghosh shall always be remembered for his innovative films which will continue to inspire film-makers."
"The untimely demise of this promising and creative genius is a huge loss to the Indian film industry, particularly Bengali cinema," he said.
Rituparno, who was suffering from pancreatitis, passed away at his South Kolkata residence in sleep around 7.30 a.m. following a massive cardiac arrest, film industry sources said. He was 49.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's tweets on Yakub Memon were misinterpreted: Pulkit Samrat
- My mother inspired me to take sports seriously: Milind Soman
- Anushka Sharma faces Twitter backlash for posting APJ Abdul Kalam's name wrongly
- Celebs tweet to celebrate Huma Qureshi's 29th birthday
- Amitabh Bachchan pays tribute to APJ Abdul Kalam