Priyanka Chopra auctions shoes for Rs 2.5 lakh
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Priyanka Chopra – who recently voiced her concern over women’s safety – has auctioned her shoes for charity.
The former Miss World – who auctioned her footwear for UNICEF’s “Save the Girl campaign” - was in Delhi on Friday to auction the shoes worn in ‘Exotic’ - her latest single.
The shoes - autographed by the 30-year-old actress and designer Christian Louboutin – went for Rs. 2.5 lakh.
If reports are anything to go by, Priyanka even managed an impromptu jig on stage because she was so thrilled to be supporting the noble cause.
“Priyanka has been supporting the girl child’s cause for many years. Now, she will auction her specially-designed Christian Louboutin shoes. This is the same pair she wore in her latest single, ‘Exotic’, which also featured Pitbull. The shoes will be autographed by Priyanka and Louboutin. The proceeds will go to initiatives that work towards the betterment of the girl child. The money will be used by UNICEF to create a safe and protective environment for girls in India,” a source said.
Kudos Priyanka, keep up the good work!
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There was always an audience for female-centric films: Anand L Rai
- I loved the script of 'Dil Dhadakne Do': Rahul Bose
- Twitter bot stands for Caitlyn Jenner by correcting users who misgender her
- Cannes win was beyond dreams: 'Masaan' director Neeraj Ghaywan
- Clint Eastwood at the helm of Cap. Chesley Sullenberger biopic