Priyanka Chopra donates Rs 50 lakh for cancer ward
Mumbai: Actress Priyanka Chopra has donated Rs 50 lakh to help build a cancer ward in a suburban hospital in the memory of her father.
The 31-year-old actress lost her father Dr Ashok Chopra in June this year due to cancer and has donated the amount to help cancer patients of the health care global enterprises cancer centre at the Nanavati hospital.
She inaugurated the section for cancer patients at the hospital in the presence of her mother last evening.
"This is a very emotional cause as few months back my father passed away because of this. I miss him," a teary eyed Priyanka said.
"Something like this shouldn`t happen to anyone. I am proud to be associated with it," she said.
When asked about her campaign of appealing the people to vote, Priyanka said if she becomes the Prime Minister, she will make the country get rid of corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- If I was home, I'd definitely be voting: Priyanka Chopra
- Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif's 'Tiger Zinda Hai' costumes REVEALED?
- Don't bother about what others think of my decision: Anushka Sharma
- Milind Soman makes India proud, turns 'Ultraman'
- Hrithik Roshan – Kangana Ranaut controversy: Chapter done and dusted, says ‘Queen’ actress