Priyanka Chopra’s father succumbed to cancer
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Dr. Ashok Chopra, Priyanka Chopra’s father, has passed away after a battle with cancer, as per reports. He had been critically ill the last few days and was admitted at the Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital in Mumbai.
Priyanka Chopra, who was shuffling time between her film assignments and attending to her father, was exceptionally close to Dr. Chopra. She was said to have been extremely anxious and worried about her father’s health.
Dr. Chopra’s condition deteriorated last week and despite the stress, Priyanka went about fulfilling her work commitments until her father was admitted to the hospital. According to what a source had earlier said, “It`s the same now. Priyanka hasn`t told anyone at her work place how unwell her father is. When she does all the pugilist practice for her Mary Kom role, it`s almost as though she`s venting all her grief through her fists. But now she has postponed all rehearsals.”
It was in 2005, during the shooting of Rohan Sippy’s ‘Bluffmaster’ that Priyanka’s father fell ill. Our condolences are with Priyanka and the Chopra family. May they find the strength to sail through.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gul Panag enjoys being an entrepreneur
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ effect: Salman Khan, Kabir Khan to spread Geeta’s story
- Check out: Hilarious Nawazuddin Siddiqui playing Karachi reporter Chand Nawab!
- Porn ban: Govt might come into bedroom to see how couples are having sex, says Ram Gopal Varma
- Bollywood does not exist for me: Amit Kumar