Priyanka`s cousin Meera desperate to play a baddie
Mumbai: Meera Chopra, who is foraying into Hindi films with forthcoming comedy `Gang Of Ghosts`, would like to follow her star cousin Priyanka Chopra and play negative roles.
Priyanka is known for playing grey roles in `Aitraaz` and `7 Khoon Maaf` with elan and Meera, a popular name down south, would accept such offers without a second thought.
"I would love to do that. I always used to say that I want to do grey roles because they are very interesting," said Meera.
She feels that everybody has a grey side to their personality, which doesn`t come out.
"It`s fun to experience that genre. If I get that opportunity, I will sign it in just a minute`s time. I will not even give it a second thought," said Meera.
Did Chopra help her get films in Bollywood?
She said: " The Hindi film industry is very professional. They (filmmakers) don`t care whose sister you are or where you come from. They won`t cast you just because of your name. Chopra surname never helped me to get films. When it comes to casting, they would cast the right person. The professionalism in Bollywood is on a different level."
Meera is right now promoting `Gang Of Ghosts`. Directed by Satish Kaushik, the film stars Mahie Gill, Sharman Joshi, Meera Chopra among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Credit my weight loss to 'Bollywood pressure': Parineeti Chopra
- Watch: Queen's response to dare from Obamas is simply hilarious!
- Technology has opened up our cinema to everybody: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Birthday special: Anushka Sharma is the selfie queen of Bollywood! Here's a proof
- Priyanka Chopra attends White House Correspondents' dinner, gets clicked with President Obama