Rahul Bose and Milind Soman do their bit for cancer awareness
New Delhi: Rahul Bose and Milind Soman observed World Cancer Day on Saturday by taking part in a cancer awareness campaign.
The campaign was part of Women’s Cancer Initiative of the Tata Memorial Hospital, which is aimed to support underprivileged women suffering from the disease by bearing the cost of their treatment.
“It’s a 15th anniversary of cancer cures and cancer research in the world. I think it’s an important day for people who are interested to know about the disease, I am,” said Rahul Bose.
“I lost a very dear friend’s wife last year to a prolong… cancer and that’s when I really awakened to the fact that this disease can be devastating. I don’t know much about it. I like to know little bit more about it. I am here to show my support,” he said.
Milind Soman said that detecting the disease early could be the difference between life and death.
“We are walking to create awareness about cancer, about cancer care, about early detection of cancer because people know that of course cancer is a very dangerous disease but they really don’t take it to the account that if it is detected early, a lot of cancers can be cured and it’s a little difference between life and death,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- HC stays summons to Shah Rukh Khan over Vadodara railway station incident
- My mother is Divyanka Tripathi's fan, says Sonakshi Sinha
- Shah Rukh Khan's home has a 'spidey boom' and AbRam is enjoying it like a boss!
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Pratyusha Banerjee short film: Kamya Punjabi hits back at Rahul Raj Singh, says no one can scare me!