Rajesh Khanna: Superstar's cavalcade reaches crematorium
Mumbai: Rajesh Khannna's cavalcade reached Paramhans crematorium in Vile Parle around 11 am on Thursday. Placed in a glass casket adorned with white flowers, the superstar's last journey started from his residence Aashriwad in Carter road around 10: 15 am.
The procession of the superstar started around 10:15 am on Thursday morning and thousands flanked the streets to catch one last glimpse of their favourite actor. The actor’s daughter Rinkie Khanna with husband Sameer Saran, wife Dimple Kapadia and elder son-in-law Akshay Kumar were seen accompanying the late actor’s body in the cavalcade.
Almost all of the stars of Bollywood are expected to attend Khanna’s funeral. Earlier in the morning, Karan Johar and Kapoor sisters- Karisma and Kareena were seen at Aashirwad.
Sources close to the family have revealed that Khanna’s funeral pyre will be lit by son-in-law actor Akshay Kumar and grandson Aarav.
Meanwhile, thousands of fans have gathered outside the Vile Parle crematorium to catch a glimpse of India's first superstar. The last rites of the actor will be taking place shortly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why not: Kangana Ranaut on getting married more than once
- Can you believe it? Ranbir Kapoor, Ranveer Singh danced to 'Dilli Wali Girlfriend' setting the party on fire!- WATCH
- Pakistan to ban Sunny Leone song?
- Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson became more popular after death: Amitabh Bachchan
- Black with a hint of gold, Sonam Kapoor's debonair suit will win your heart!