Rajinikanth may miss 44th IFFI inauguration on health issues
Panaji: Megastar Rajinikanth, who was supposed to inaugurate the 44th International Film Festival of India (IFFI) 2013 slated next month here, may not be able to do so apparently on health issues, organisers said.
"We have invited Rajanikanth to inaugurate the festival on November 20. But we are not sure about his participation as he is reportedly leaving for a medical treatment," Vishnu Wagh, vice-chairman, Entertainment Society of Goa (ESG) said.
ESG is a nodal agency appointed by Goa government hosting the event since 2004.
"The date of inauguration is likely to clash with his (Rajinikanth`s) medical treatment, due to which his presence is unsure although we wanted him to be there for inauguration and we have extended the invitation," Wagh said.
IFFI 2013 will be held in Goa from November 20-30.
The inaugural of the 11-day festival is planned at the newly-constructed multi-purpose indoor stadium near Goa University.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone loves selfie moments with fans!
- ‘Baahubali 2’ trailer strikes gold, garners 100 million views!
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' row: Navjot Singh Sidhu should stop citing me as example, says Kirron Kher
- Phillauri movie review: Anushka Sharma as Shashi is bewitching; Suraj Sharma proves his brilliance in a funny way!
- Kapil Sharma – Sunil Grover fallout: Ali Asgar starts shooting for another show?