Rajkumar Hirani’s father passes away
Mumbai: Filmmaker Rajkumar Hirani suffered an irreparable loss as his father, Suresh Hirani, passed away after prolonged illness. Hirani, who was in the midst of the promotion of his upcoming ‘Ferrari Ki Sawaari’, had to rush back on receiving the news. The filmmaker conducted the last rites of his father on Saturday.
A lot of Rajkumar’s friends from Bollywood paid their last respects to the deceased. One of the first to arrive at Hirani’s place was his friend Aamir Khan. According to a source, “Many of Raju’s friends were there for him. Be it Aamir,Vidhu Vinod Chopra, Sharman Joshi, Raageshwari Loomba, Abhinav Kashyap or Shantanu Moitra, they all had come to lend their support.”
Boman Irani, Raju Hirani’s close friend, tweeted his condolences. The actor wrote, “Raju Hirani’s father passed away this morning. He was a great inspiration to Raju and also to all of us!”
According to Irani, Raju insisted on a screening of ‘Ferrari Ki Sawaari’ to be held uninterrupted, at the stipulated time despite such tragedy on the part of the director.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Katrina perfect for Ranbir, says Kareena Kapoor Khan
- Daddy Shah Rukh's message for daughter Suhana will melt your heart
- Watch: Why did Deepika Padukone make fun of Ranbir Kapoor?
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- People think I want publicity from talking about Jiah Khan: Sooraj