Rajkumar Hirani’s father passes away
Mumbai: Filmmaker Rajkumar Hirani suffered an irreparable loss as his father, Suresh Hirani, passed away after prolonged illness. Hirani, who was in the midst of the promotion of his upcoming ‘Ferrari Ki Sawaari’, had to rush back on receiving the news. The filmmaker conducted the last rites of his father on Saturday.
A lot of Rajkumar’s friends from Bollywood paid their last respects to the deceased. One of the first to arrive at Hirani’s place was his friend Aamir Khan. According to a source, “Many of Raju’s friends were there for him. Be it Aamir,Vidhu Vinod Chopra, Sharman Joshi, Raageshwari Loomba, Abhinav Kashyap or Shantanu Moitra, they all had come to lend their support.”
Boman Irani, Raju Hirani’s close friend, tweeted his condolences. The actor wrote, “Raju Hirani’s father passed away this morning. He was a great inspiration to Raju and also to all of us!”
According to Irani, Raju insisted on a screening of ‘Ferrari Ki Sawaari’ to be held uninterrupted, at the stipulated time despite such tragedy on the part of the director.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tweets on Yakub Memon: Salman being targeted for his celebrity status, says Salim Khan
- Richa Chadha turns Persian Empress for Reynu Taandon's show
- J J Abrams broke his back helping injured Harrison Ford
- Jaya gives Rs 6 lakh assistance to ailing Tamil folk singer
- Watch: Peppy wedding song 'Tutti Bole Wedding Di' from 'Welcome Back'!