Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra inspired Vir Das to become an actor
Mumbai: Vir Das was so impressed with Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra`s `Rang De Basanti` that he decided to take up acting.
"For me, it is very important to believe in the kind of movies I do. `Rang De Basanti` made me feel good about Indian cinema. The movie instilled in me, a confidence so strong, that I wanted to be a part of the revolution in Bollywood," Vir said.
The 2006 film had Aamir Khan, R Madhavan, Sharman Joshi, Siddharth, Soha Ali Khan, Kunal Kapoor, Atul Kulkarni and British actress Alice Patten in the lead roles.
The story is about a British documentary filmmaker who is determined to make a film on Indian freedom fighters, which are eventually played by Aamir, Sharman, Kunal, Siddharth and Atul. During this process, R Madhavan who plays a flight lieutenant in the Indian Air Force is killed in an air crash.
The actor-comedian currently has six releases. His upcoming movies include `Santa Banta`, `Amit Sahni Ki List` and `Saxxx ki Dukaan`, among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone looks ravishing on the latest 'Elle' cover!
- Hrithik Roshan's intense 'Kaabil' POSTER will leave you intrigued!
- Ranbir Kapoor kickstarts 'Dragon' with a party!
- Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan to recreate 'Karan Arjun' magic? Check out what the duo said
- Narendra Modi making Nehru jacket fashionable again, believes Shantanu
- Prayers for Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa ji's health, tweets Rishi Kapoor
- Himesh Reshammiya reveals similarities between Salman Khan, Iulia Vantur
- Here's what Elena Kazan said after getting evicted from 'Bigg Boss' season 10
- Iulia Vantur finally opens up about marriage rumours with Salman Khan!
- Karan Johar opens up about his love life!