Ranbir Kapoor all set to pit himself against the `Khans of Bollywood`?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Touted as Bollywood`s upcoming superstar, Ranbir Kapoor seems to be prepared to compete against the leading actors of the Hindi film industry. The Kapoor lad is reportedly not only working hard to keep up with the expectations of his fans, but is also keen on becoming the ‘number one’ star of Bollywood.
According to a tabloid, the 30-year-old star - who is riding high on the success of his movies, ‘Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani’ and ‘Barfi’ - has gone a step ahead to ensure that his upcoming movie ‘Besharam’ creates ripples at the Box Office by releasing the movie in more number of screens than the Khans.
“Ranbir is close to take on the role of the Number One star in Bollywood. But with Salman in the best phase of his career, SRK breaking all records with ‘Chennai Express’ and Aamir Khan gearing up to release ‘Dhoom 3’, Ranbir has a big task cut out for him. He is taking part in every single promotional and marketing strategy. He is also taking keen interest in the way the film will be distributed and exhibited,” a source said.
“If you see Ranbir’s recent graph at the BO with ‘Rockstar’, ‘Barfi!’ and ‘Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani’, it is clear that he is growing with every film, not only in terms of his star value but also in terms of the box office figures. He is the only contender to take on the Khans. He can easily have a release as big as them with 4,000 screens,” the tabloid quoted trade expert Vajir Singh as saying.
On the other hand, trade expert Atul Mohan said: “Ranbir is definitely the superstar of tomorrow and has a tremendous pull at the box office. The youngsters love him. However SRK, Salman and Aamir are also at their respective peak right now. It is going to be an interesting fight for the top slot. It seems to be a repeat of the ’90s when Amitabh Bachchan, Mithun Chakraborty and Anil Kapoor were fighting for the Number One place.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bombay High Court likely to hear Salman Khan's travel plea on Tuesday
- 'Peterson Hill' set relocated
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita Khan's wedding reception in Mandi
- Shield hair from monsoon humidity
- `Piku' crosses Rs 100 crore mark worldwide
- Aamir Khan visits Sonam Kapoor on the sets of 'Neerja'
- Rolling Stones kick off 'Zip Code' stadium tour in San Diego
- Katy Perry's gigs are mental: Charli XCX
- 10 Things you should definitely do in a lifetime
- Lalit Sen to compose for new TV show
- Haryana to set up three museums
- Indus Valley script numerical, not language: Historian
- Rajkumar Hirani produces his sister's play
- Ramayana miniatures go on show in Canberra
- Teenagers throws spotlight on social issues through theatre
- Paul Walker's 'Fast and Furious' Supra auctioned off for USD 185K
- No winning or losing in art: Helen Mirren
- 'Jungle Me Mangal': Matheran culture fest opens Thursday
- Lost 'My Fair Lady' songs to be performed after 60 years
- 'Hamilton' wins 2015 OBIE Award
- Music, performing arts festival near Pune from May 29
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues