Rekha takes oath as Rajya Sabha member
New Delhi: Veteran actress Rekha became the latest member from the Hindi film industry to enter politics as she took oath in the Parliament on Tuesday. Looking elegant in a sari, the actor was sworn in as a member of the Rajya Sabha.
Few days back, President Pratibha Patil had approved her name and that of cricketer Sachin Tendulkar for the Upper House.
57-year-old Rekha was one of the top heroines of the 80s in Hindi films and has won several awards in her acting career.
Sachin Tendulkar is expected to take the oath on Wednesday. The terms of both Rekha and Sachin Tendulkar as Rajya Sabha members began on April 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan-born actor Marc Anwar apologises for racist rant about Indians
- Ronan Farrow pays tribute to brother Thaddeus
- UK police to probe Pakistan-born actor Marc Anwar's anti-India rant
- PM Narendra Modi lauds Amitabh Bachchan's latest 'Swachh Bharat Mission' video, urges people to make India open defecation free
- Mosquito breeding: Sushmita Sen served notice by BMC