Retrospective to celebrate Rajesh Khanna
New Delhi: The Directorate of Film Festivals is organizing a three-day retrospective of Bollywood`s first superstar Rajesh Khanna as a tribute to the cinema legend.
The event, to be held August 18-20 at the Siri fort auditorium here, will screen ten of the actor`s landmark films.
These include ‘Aap Ki Kasam’, ‘Aradhana’, ‘Aakhri Khat’, ‘Amar Prem’, ‘Kati Patang’, ‘Ittefaq’, ‘Avishkaar’, ‘Bawarchi’, ‘Safar’ and ‘Anand’.
The event will be inaugurated on August 18 and will be followed by the screening of the film "Aap Ki Kasam". In the evening ‘Aradhana’ will be screened, the statement said.
On August 19, four films – ‘Aakhri Khat’, ‘Ittefaq’, ‘Amar Prem’ and ‘Kati Patang’ - will be screened.
On the same day a panel discussion on `The Star and his Style` will be organised which will be moderated by film critic Jerry Pinto.
On August 20, ‘Bawarchi’ will be screened at 10.30 am, ‘Avishkaar’ at 1.30 pm, ‘Safar’ at 3.30 pm and another panel discussion on `Melodies` in Rajesh Khanna`s films is scheduled in the evening. It will be followed by the last film of the retrospective – ‘Anand’, the statement added.
Entry to all the screenings and panel discussions will be open to all and on first come first served basis, the DFF said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gita Jayanti special: Celebrate the birth of Srimad Bhagavad Gita
- Yash and Radhika Pandit's wedding pictures will melt your heart
- Rajinikanth leaves Shah Rukh, Salman and Aamir behind
- Shraddha Kapoor reveals her wardrobe essentials
- Bigg Boss season 10: Wild card entry Jason Shah exits Salman Khan’s show?
- Superstar Rajinikanth requests fans not to celebrate his birthday
- Rishi Kapoor and Neetu Kapoor thank Gauri Khan for turning Ranbir's house into home!
- I stress, worry, get nervous: Vaani Kapoor
- Sonakshi Sinha wishes 'Happy Birthday' popsy to Shatrughan Sinha, posts adorable PIC
- Nargis Fakhri's advice about 'drinking water' is what you should know for keeping a healthy body!