Richard Gere missed Golden Globe nomination news
Los Angeles: Actor Richard Gere says he did not know about his Golden Globe nomination as he was travelling.
The 63-year-old has been nominated for his role of manager Robert Miller in `Arbitrage`.
"I was in India (when the nominations were announced), and my phone wasn`t working. But when I got to the coast in south India, all of a sudden my phone worked. I turned it on and had 50 messages.
"My first thought was that something was wrong, and then it was all `congratulations`," nypost.com quoted Gere as saying.
The Golden Globe awards ceremony will take place here on Jan 13 next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Ranveer Singh – Vaani Kapoor entertaintain contestants; Elena Kazan gets evicted
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi to make a comeback on Salman Khan's show?
- Relationships, friendships and more: Karan Johar reveals the truth about actors
- Ranveer Singh prefers to protect his personal life!
- Seven times Karisma Kapoor gave us serious fashion goals
- Iulia Vantur finally opens up about marriage rumours with Salman Khan!
- Karan Johar opens up about his love life!
- Non-bailable warrant against 'Bigg Boss 10' contestant Om Swami cancelled!
- Preity Zinta's cousin brother shoots himself in Shimla, police recover suicide notes
- Most searched male celebrity list 2016: Kapil Sharma beats Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan