Rihanna blames accountant for bankruptcy
Los Angeles: Singer Rihanna claims that her accountant made so many wrong decisions that he blew her fortune and she was "effectively bankrupt" by the end of 2009.
Tmz.com reports that the singer claims in new legal documents that she had $11 million in cash at the beginning of 2009. Rihanna was horrified to learn at the end of the year that she had $2 million left.
To make matters worse, her expenses doubled, which left her on a financial cliff.
As for how Rihanna blew through $9 million in one year, she says her accountant gave her the green light to buy a house priced between $7 and $7 1/2 million. So she took his advice. She ultimately sold the house for a $2 million loss.
She also claims her 2009 tour - Last Girl on Earth Tour - was losing money but the accountant never gave her the heads up.
The legal docs were filed in connection with a lawsuit Rihanna filed against her accountant, claiming gross mismanagement.
Meanwhile Rihanna has rebounded and her net worth is now estimated at $43 million.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Incredible! This leaning Shiva Temple in Varanasi is partially submerged in Ganga
- Priyanka Chopra is granny's little girl! Throwback pic inside
- Street-shopping kept Alia busy during Gauri Shinde's next
- Vanessa Paradis writes letter defending former partner Johnny Depp?
- Italian actor Giorgio Albertazzi dies at 92