Rihanna blames accountant for bankruptcy
Los Angeles: Singer Rihanna claims that her accountant made so many wrong decisions that he blew her fortune and she was "effectively bankrupt" by the end of 2009.
Tmz.com reports that the singer claims in new legal documents that she had $11 million in cash at the beginning of 2009. Rihanna was horrified to learn at the end of the year that she had $2 million left.
To make matters worse, her expenses doubled, which left her on a financial cliff.
As for how Rihanna blew through $9 million in one year, she says her accountant gave her the green light to buy a house priced between $7 and $7 1/2 million. So she took his advice. She ultimately sold the house for a $2 million loss.
She also claims her 2009 tour - Last Girl on Earth Tour - was losing money but the accountant never gave her the heads up.
The legal docs were filed in connection with a lawsuit Rihanna filed against her accountant, claiming gross mismanagement.
Meanwhile Rihanna has rebounded and her net worth is now estimated at $43 million.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tom Holland's 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' trailer features 'Iron Man' – Watch
- Wedding special: Themes to make your D-Day unforgettable!
- Befikre movie review: Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor starrer struggles hard to recreate Aditya Chopra magic
- Raees look: Not one but three different styles for Shah Rukh Khan
- Birthday Special: 10 times Dino Morea proved 'age is just a number'!
- I stress, worry, get nervous: Vaani Kapoor
- Sonakshi Sinha wishes 'Happy Birthday' popsy to Shatrughan Sinha, posts adorable PIC
- Nargis Fakhri's advice about 'drinking water' is what you should know for keeping a healthy body!
- Rani Mukerji Chopra shares first pic of daughter Adira, writes heartfelt message on her birthday
- 'Mr Perfectionist' title doesn’t interest Aamir Khan any more! Here's what he would like to be called