Rishi Kapoor like a kid in toy shop: Nikhil Advani
Mumbai: ‘D-Day’ director Nikhil Advani, who roped in Rishi Kapoor to play a sinister slimy gangster in the espionage thriller, compares the actor`s hunger for variety to a child`s greed for toys.
"Rishi Kapoor is like that kid who is in a toy shop and wants everything he sees there. Rishi is like that right now. He is very, very excited. He wants to do every thing," said Advani here at the sidelines of the special screening of the film Wednesday.
Rishi, the charming chocolate hero of the 1980s, took a U-turn with his role as dreaded Rauf Lala in ‘Agneepath’. The negative role earned him great appreciation from all corners and, since then, he is scouting for variety. He was last seen as a cop in ‘Aurangzeb’.
Advani revealed that the 60-year-old actor sees his 30-year-old son as his only competitor in the industry.
"I think this is Rishi Kapoor`s second innings. According to him the only person he is competing with is Ranbir Kapoor. He only wants to do challenging roles," said Advani.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Riteish Deshmukh crosses 2 million mark on Instagram – Pic inside!
- Shah Rukh Khan is a huge, humble star: Waluscha De Sousa
- Rishi Kapoor spills the beans over son Ranbir Kapoor’s break-up with Katrina Kaif?
- Shocking: Malaika Arora no more a 'Khan' after separation from husband Arbaaz?
- Salman Khan strikes candid pose with nephews Arhaan and Nirvaan! – Pic inside