Robert De Niro breaks down on TV show while discussing bipolar disorder
New York: Robert De Niro got a little choked up while talking about bipolar disorder with Katie Couric on her chat show `Katie`.
Couric asked the 69-year-old actor if he felt a larger share of responsibility doing `Silver Linings Playbook` that director David O. Russell was "personally invested in."
"Of course, I understand," replied De Niro and after a long pause tried to continue, but then his eyes welled up.
He said that he didn`t like to get emotional but knew exactly what Russell went through, the New York Post reported.
His dad, Robert Henry De Niro, who was an abstract expressionist painter, was believed to be suffering from bipolar disorder and suffered from bouts of paralyzing depression.
Russell`s film - and Bradley Cooper`s bipolar character Pat - has been inspired by Russell`s son who suffers from a mood disorder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tweets on Yakub Memon: Salman being targeted for his celebrity status, says Salim Khan
- Richa Chadha turns Persian Empress for Reynu Taandon's show
- J J Abrams broke his back helping injured Harrison Ford
- Jaya gives Rs 6 lakh assistance to ailing Tamil folk singer
- Watch: Peppy wedding song 'Tutti Bole Wedding Di' from 'Welcome Back'!