Robert De Niro breaks down on TV show while discussing bipolar disorder
New York: Robert De Niro got a little choked up while talking about bipolar disorder with Katie Couric on her chat show `Katie`.
Couric asked the 69-year-old actor if he felt a larger share of responsibility doing `Silver Linings Playbook` that director David O. Russell was "personally invested in."
"Of course, I understand," replied De Niro and after a long pause tried to continue, but then his eyes welled up.
He said that he didn`t like to get emotional but knew exactly what Russell went through, the New York Post reported.
His dad, Robert Henry De Niro, who was an abstract expressionist painter, was believed to be suffering from bipolar disorder and suffered from bouts of paralyzing depression.
Russell`s film - and Bradley Cooper`s bipolar character Pat - has been inspired by Russell`s son who suffers from a mood disorder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kerala CM lauds Kamal Haasan for Chevalier Award
- Preggers Kareena Kapoor Khan to be Sabyasachi's showstopper at LFW finale?
- Ileana D'Cruz's monsoon skin ritual will help you get that perfect look!
- Ketan Mehta awaits 'official' word on heading India's Oscar jury
- Actor-politician Ramya refuses to apologise for 'Pakistan is not hell' remark