Robert De Niro’s apartment gets charred by faulty clothes dryer

New York: One of Robert De Niro’s Upper West Side apartments caught fire on Friday afternoon, and the cause has been found to be a clothing dryer malfunction.

According to officials, the fire inside 88 Central Park West broke out at about 2 pm, and it took the Fire Department of the City of New York less than an hour to extinguish, the New York Daily News reported.

FDNY Battalion Chief Mike Meyers said that the emergency within the luxurious Brentmore building happened due to a clothing dryer malfunction and left behind fire, water and smoke damage.

Records show that De Niro owns two units in the pricey building, but it’s unclear if he and his wife Grace Hightower live in the now-charred flat.