Robert Downey Jr paid USD 50 million for `The Avengers`
Los Angeles: Actor Robert Downey has confirmed that he has been paid USD 50 million for ‘The Avengers’.
There were reports after the film`s release that the 48-year-old actor`s pay could be close to USD 50 million, factoring in both box office business and the specifics of his contract with Marvel Studios, said the Hollywood Reporter.
Asked about the remuneration, he said, "Yeah. Isn`t that crazy? They`re so pissed, I can`t believe it. I`m what`s known as `a strategic cost`."
‘The Avengers’ is the third highest-grossing film of all time, with a total worldwide gross of USD 1.5 billion.
Downey Jr returns as Tony Stark in Shane Black`s ‘Iron Man 3’, and he has hinted that he is not ready to relinquish the role yet.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss, Day 45: Kanwaljeet’s ‘racist’ comment irks Priya; inmates celebrate Rochelle’s birthday!
- Michael Caine named Britain's greatest living movie star
- Aamir's contribution towards cinema is immense: Gracy Singh
- Bigg Boss: Keith Sequeira makes a comeback
- 'Dilwale' inspires Shah Rukh Khan, makes him tweet about life!