Rooney Mara doesn’t want fame to harm her career
Washington: Rooney Mara has admitted that she is worried that fame could be harmful to her abilities as an actress.
The 26-year-old actress is set to become a household name playing lead character Lisbeth Salander in ‘The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo’ opposite Daniel Craig and is worried commercial success will divert attention from her career.
“I want to be an actress, I didn’t want to become an actress to become a celebrity at all. I think that actually hurts your ability to be a good actor, the more people know who you are the less able they are to see you as a character,” Contactmusic quoted her as telling Britain’s OK! magazine.
“Being a celebrity is certainly not something I ever wanted for myself, but it’s obviously a reality of the business I chose to be in. It’s a very bizarre part of our culture that’s sort of grown out of control and hopefully won’t affect me that much,” she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Lady Gaga met Dalai Lama!
- Rajinikanth doing well, in US for medical test: Brother
- Vivek Oberoi to be seen in 'No Smoking' commercial
- Shahid Kapoor’s on-screen cousin 'Jassi' from 'Udta Punjab' will make you go weak in the knees – Pics inside
- THIS Bollywood director inspired Tusshar Kapoor to try surrogacy!