Rooney Mara doesn’t want fame to harm her career
Washington: Rooney Mara has admitted that she is worried that fame could be harmful to her abilities as an actress.
The 26-year-old actress is set to become a household name playing lead character Lisbeth Salander in ‘The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo’ opposite Daniel Craig and is worried commercial success will divert attention from her career.
“I want to be an actress, I didn’t want to become an actress to become a celebrity at all. I think that actually hurts your ability to be a good actor, the more people know who you are the less able they are to see you as a character,” Contactmusic quoted her as telling Britain’s OK! magazine.
“Being a celebrity is certainly not something I ever wanted for myself, but it’s obviously a reality of the business I chose to be in. It’s a very bizarre part of our culture that’s sort of grown out of control and hopefully won’t affect me that much,” she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mamata Banerjee pays homage to 'Mahanayak' Uttam Kumar
- Want to make your loved one's birthday special? Watch how to make handmade cards!
- Sidharth Malhotra, Katrina Kaif look super HOT in new 'Kala Chashma' stills! You will 'Baar Baar Dekho' it
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' beats Salman Khan's 'Sultan', crosses Rs 40 cr mark on opening day!
- 'Casino Royale' actress Caterina Murino was sleepless over rape cases in India
- Arjun Rampal's mother fights cancer, actor prays for her good health
- Adele plants kiss on fan's lips
- Hrithik Roshan's kids Hrehaan and Hridhaan emulate daddy dearest and we are loving it! See pic
- Whoa! Deepika Padukone meets Ranbir Kapoor, Fawad Khan on 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' sets?