Rosie O’Donnell relives ‘miracle’ of surviving after heart attack
New York: American comedian Rosie O’Donnell has revealed that her being alive is a miracle, as she delayed calling the emergency number after diagnosing herself as having a heart attack.
The 50-year-old actress said that her health problems began on August 14 after she helped “an enormous woman,” who was struggling to get out of her car in a parking lot in Nyack, New York.
“A few hours later my body hurt/ i had an ache in my chest,” the New York Daily News quoted her as writing on her blog,.
“Both my arms were sore/everything felt bruised,” she wrote.
The ‘Flintstones’ star, revealed that she went on with her day despite feeling persistent pain.
“I became nauseous/my skin was clammy. I was very very hot/I threw up.
“Maybe this is a heart attack. I googled womens heart attack symptoms/I had many of them/but really? - I thought – naaaa,” she wrote.
O’Donnell said she then took aspirin, but still didn’t call 911.
The next day, she visited her cardiologist’s office and underwent an EKG and was sent to the hospital, where she had a stent inserted and doctors found that her coronary artery had been 99 percent blocked, the paper said.
“I am lucky to be here. Know the symptoms ladies/listen to the voice inside/the one we all so easily ignore/ CALL 911/save urself,” she wrote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Irrfan, Deepika took romance to new level: Sircar
- Will judge contestants on the basis of voice: Shaan
- Salman Khan arrives in Himachal Pradesh to attend Arpita's wedding reception
- Salma Hayek, Colin Farrell weigh in on selfies ban
- Jaden Smith to play Static Shock
- I always apologise for 'Batman and Robin': George Clooney
- Filmmaker Champak Banerjee to start new project soon
- Golshifteh Farahani's beauty is like poetry: Irrfan Khan
- Watch: Emraan Hashmi starrer 'Azhar' teaser unveiled
- Myleene Klass splits from Scandinavian boyfriend?
- Juicy J rushed to hospital before show
- Pawan Kalyan sports bearded look for 'Gabbar Singh 2'
- Suriya pushed me towards excellence: Venkat Prabhu
- Dhanush, Vetrimaaran team up for third time
- Retrospective pays tribute to Rabindranath Tagore
- Regina to romance Vishnu Manchu in his next
- Kamal Haasan's next titled Cheekati Rajyam' in Telugu
- Jimmy Shergill's Punjabi film 'Shareek' to release in October
- Akshara Haasan approached for Sandakozhi 2'
- Late actress's brother upset with Kerala ex-minister
- Puri Jagannath to work with Nithiin before Chiranjeevi
- Jyotika's comeback film rakes in over Rs.8 crore
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla