Rs 100 crore club mere nomenclature: Big B, SRK
New Delhi: Megastar Amitabh Bachchan and Bollywood`s `badshah` Shah Rukh Khan are united in the thought that the "Rs 100 crore club" is a mere nomenclature.
"This is just a nomenclature, which is media created," Amitabh said at Solutions Summit.
Shah Rukh agreed and said that those who are serious about the business need to think about much more.
"The true people who are really interested in the business of cinema, and talk about Rs.1000 crore. This Rs 100 crore and Rs 200 crore will keep changing. For a regular commercial film with a certain level of stardom, Rs 100 crore is just the base," he said.
In 2013, films like "Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani", "Chennai Express", "Bhaag Milkh Bhaag", "Krrish 3" and "Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela" have managed to surpass the Rs 100 crore mark.
Shah Rukh`s "Chennai Express" minted Rs 216 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hindu group wants Atif Aslam concert cancelled
- Government has to decide who can work in India: Saif Ali Khan
- Tannishtha Chatterjee slams racist attack on TV show, channel apologises
- 'Mirzya' story needed fresh faces: Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- Ranbir Kapoor's family posts sweet messages for him on his birthday