Rs 100 crore club mere nomenclature: Big B, SRK
New Delhi: Megastar Amitabh Bachchan and Bollywood`s `badshah` Shah Rukh Khan are united in the thought that the "Rs 100 crore club" is a mere nomenclature.
"This is just a nomenclature, which is media created," Amitabh said at Solutions Summit.
Shah Rukh agreed and said that those who are serious about the business need to think about much more.
"The true people who are really interested in the business of cinema, and talk about Rs.1000 crore. This Rs 100 crore and Rs 200 crore will keep changing. For a regular commercial film with a certain level of stardom, Rs 100 crore is just the base," he said.
In 2013, films like "Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani", "Chennai Express", "Bhaag Milkh Bhaag", "Krrish 3" and "Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela" have managed to surpass the Rs 100 crore mark.
Shah Rukh`s "Chennai Express" minted Rs 216 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Credit my weight loss to 'Bollywood pressure': Parineeti Chopra
- Watch: Queen's response to dare from Obamas is simply hilarious!
- Technology has opened up our cinema to everybody: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Birthday special: Anushka Sharma is the selfie queen of Bollywood! Here's a proof
- Priyanka Chopra attends White House Correspondents' dinner, gets clicked with President Obama