Sacha Baron Cohen is Britain`s highest-paid Hollywood star
London: Actor Sacha Baron Cohen has been named Britain`s highest-paid Hollywood star.
The 41-year-old actor banked over 20 million pounds in the last year after seeing box office success with `The Dictator` and `Les Miserables` but he missed out on a place in the Forbes Celebrity 100, reported Daily Mail.
Cohen also added to his earnings with payment for his role as the voice of the lemur King Julien in `Madagascar 3`, helping him earn more than fellow countryman Robert Pattinson.
Despite earning more than Tom Hanks, 56 (17 million pounds) and Brad Pitt, 49 (16 million pounds), the star wasn`t included on the annual Forbes Celebrity 100 list because he wasn`t considered famous enough in the US.
It was topped by Tom Cruise, 50, whose success in the likes of `Jack Reacher` and `Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol` earned him 48 million pounds in 2012.
Despite missing out on the list, Cohen rounded off 2012 in style when - dressed as his alter-ego Ali G - he was honoured with an Outstanding Achievement to Comedy prize at the British Comedy Awards in December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Priyanka Chopra to appear on ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ again – WATCH teaser
- Deepika Padukone teaches James Corden the Lungi dance – WATCH super fun video
- Shah Rukh Khan talks about working with Salman Khan
- Shah Rukh Khan works mostly with Yash Raj Films and Dharma Productions – Here’s why
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival 2017: ‘The Sellout' took an emotional toll on me, says Paul Beatty
- Never wrote open letter to PM about Dawood: Sunil Grover
- Bollywood stars praise Yuvraj Singh's incredible century!
- People's Choice Awards 2017: Alia Bhatt congratulates Priyanka Chopra with a sweet message
- AR Rahman backs Jallikattu, to observe fast on Friday
- Yesteryear actresses who shocked our daddys & granddaddys by daring to bare