Sad to see Kamal Haasan planning to quit India: Siddharth
Chennai: Southern actor Siddharth says it is shocking to hear that Tamil superstar Kamal Haasan is planning to leave India because of "unfair persecution" on his film `Vishwaroopam`.
Haasan says that if the ban on his controversial film `Vishwaroopam` is not lifted, he might have to look for a "secular state" and that can be out of the country.
"`Vishwaroopam` screenings cancelled before starting and even stopped mid-show all over Tamil Nadu What a sad day. What a horrible week. Taliban Tamil Nadu," Siddharth tweeted.
"Heartbreaking to see the greatest Tamil actor of all time talking about leaving Tamil Nadu, about bankruptcy and about unfair persecution," he added.
The Madras High Court Tuesday ruled in favour of "Vishwaroopam" and lifted the ban by the state government. It, however, said the administrative step was to be taken by the government.
The mega-budget film was due to release Jan 25, but the Tamil Nadu government banned the film following fears of law and order situation. The ban was further extended to Kerala and Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Katrina perfect for Ranbir, says Kareena Kapoor Khan
- Daddy Shah Rukh's message for daughter Suhana will melt your heart
- Watch: Why did Deepika Padukone make fun of Ranbir Kapoor?
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- People think I want publicity from talking about Jiah Khan: Sooraj