Saif Ali Khan`s `Padma Shri Award` in trouble?
Zee Media Bureau/Ritika Handoo
New Delhi: Bollywood`s chhote Nawab, Saif Ali Khan might be a known as a gentlemen in the industry circles, but the actor does have a past which still haunts him. If reports published in a leading daily are anything to go by, then Saifu`s prestigious `Padma Shri Award` is in trouble.
The 43-year-old actor allegedly got into a scuffle in February 2012, with a South African based businessman and his father-in-law following which a complaint was filed against the actor and his two friends, who were present with him during the fight. Saif allegedly fixed a punch on the businessman`s nose which further worsened the case.
Now, reports suggest that due to the above mentioned blot in his otherwise clean image, Saif`s Padma Shri honour might be taken back from him. Reportedly, an RTI activist had demanded in his complaint that the honour be taken away from Saif as the Mumbai court had framed charges against him.
The matter is still under examination. Saif was conferred with the `Padma Shri` in 2010 for outstanding contribution in the field of art.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Irrfan Khan unveils first look of his banned Bangladeshi film ‘Doob’
- Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt promote 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania' like Dilliwallas!
- Zee Cine Awards 2017: Check out the nominations for the Viewers’ Choice categories
- Bipasha Basu celebrates hubby Karan Singh Grover's 'monkey love' birthday!
- Bryan Singer pays tribute to late 'X-Men' stuntman