Mumbai: The Saif Ali Khan-Iqbal Sharma brawl has been gathering new hues every day, the latest being news of a “strong case”, according to police sources, against the actor and his friends.
After he allegedly beat up Iqbal Sharma, a South African businessman, at the Taj, actor Saif Ali Khan has held on to his ground saying that there are two versions of the story. Saif has insisted that the brawl was not a publicity stunt for his upcoming flick ‘Agent Vinod’, which releases in March.
Saif’s insistence on the fact that he was not the one to begin the fight, however, has not made much of an impact with the Police, it seems. While at a promotional event for ‘Agent Vinod’, Saif was heard saying, “I have already said there are two sides to the story. I have complete faith in the court of law and they will best decide about the case.”; police sources have said that there was a “strong case” against the actor and his friends.
Saif, along with businessman Shakeel Ladak and producer Bilal Amrohi, were arrested for beating up businessman Iqbal Sharma and his father on Wednesday. They were granted bail soon after their arrest. A senior police officer involved in the probe has said, “We have questioned eyewitnesses, including the hotel staff and management. Their statements have corroborated Sharma`s version. This is a simple case so far and we will file a chargesheet very soon.”
Saif needs more than luck to get through this time, it seems!