Salman Khan Arms Act case: Actor records statement, says he was falsely implicated

Bollywood superstar Salman Khan appeared before a Jodhpur court Thursday to record his statement in the Arms Act case.

Updated: Mar 10, 2016, 12:03 PM IST
Salman Khan Arms Act case: Actor records statement, says he was falsely implicated

Mumbai: Bollywood superstar Salman Khan appeared before a Jodhpur court to record his statement in the Arms Act case. While recording his statement in the court, Salman said that he was falsely implicated.

The next hearing in the case will be held on April 4.

Salman left his Mumbai residence Thursday morning for Jodhpur to appear before the court to record his statement.

The Arms Act case against the actor is an offshoot of the blackbuck poaching incident which took place 18 years ago near Jodhpur while shooting for Sooraj Barjatya's 'Hum Saath Saath Hain'.

Last year, in a major relief to the actor, the Jodhpur court had accepted his plea to produce four witnesses in the arms act case. The Rajasthan High Court had ordered for the submission of files related to the sanction procedure for prosecution by district collector to the court, reportedly.

Khan had moved a petition in the High Court seeking permission to make the documents pertaining to the prosecution sanction by the then district magistrate available to him.

A case had been registered against the actor by the forest department on October 15, 1998, under the Arms Act mentioning that the arms used by him during alleged poaching of two black bucks at village Kankani near Jodhpur on the intervening night of October 1-2, 1998, had their licences expired and hence he had been using those arms illegally.

Acting on this complaint, the Luni Police had registered a case against Salman under the Arms Act. 

(With ANI inputs)