Salman Khan could face 10 years in jail for ‘culpable homicide’
Mumbai: Salman Khan could face ten years in jail if convicted for ‘culpable homicide’, not amounting to murder, after a Mumbai court ruled that the star would be tried for a hit-and-run case that involved him in 2002, according to reports.
The incident in question which happened over 10 years ago saw Salman’s SUV crash into a bakery in Mumbai injuring four and killing one person sleeping on the pavement.
While the trial started in 2005, the Mumbai police asked for firmer charges to be put against the ‘Dabangg’ star in 2011 as he was just being tried for rash and negligent driving.
Salman will reportedly have to attend court on March 11 where he will be formally charged after a judge accepted that the evidence against him is enough to charge the massively popular superstar for culpable homicide which, if proven, could carry a maximum of up to 10 years in prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 725: Sarla reveals the truth behind Pragya's fake pregnancy
- No clash between 'Kaabil' and 'Raees': Hrithik Roshan's thriller drama preponed
- 'Dear Zindagi' new track 'Love you Zindagi Club Mix' will give you serious partying goals! Watch the making
- 7 ways in which you can make your Grandparents feel important!
- Get set to meet Akshay Kumar aka Jolly in 'Jolly LLB 2'! Teaser poster OUT
- Sunny Leone most searched personality of 2016; trumps superstar Salman Khan!
- Vaani Kapoor looks 'Befikre' on Vogue cover!
- Shah Rukh Khan and family looks PICTURE PERFECT, we say touch wood!
- Deepika Padukone flaunts her love for sports – Here’s how
- Deepika Padukone - a marriage material, says Ranveer Singh; Daddy Prakash Padukone reacts