Salman Khan could face 10 years in jail for ‘culpable homicide’
Mumbai: Salman Khan could face ten years in jail if convicted for ‘culpable homicide’, not amounting to murder, after a Mumbai court ruled that the star would be tried for a hit-and-run case that involved him in 2002, according to reports.
The incident in question which happened over 10 years ago saw Salman’s SUV crash into a bakery in Mumbai injuring four and killing one person sleeping on the pavement.
While the trial started in 2005, the Mumbai police asked for firmer charges to be put against the ‘Dabangg’ star in 2011 as he was just being tried for rash and negligent driving.
Salman will reportedly have to attend court on March 11 where he will be formally charged after a judge accepted that the evidence against him is enough to charge the massively popular superstar for culpable homicide which, if proven, could carry a maximum of up to 10 years in prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha will emerge as role model: Shatrughan Sinha
- Soha Ali Khan excited about Saif-Kareena's baby
- What made Sohail Khan shift focus to direction, production? Here's the truth
- Sanjay Dutt is still all 'bhai bhai' with Salman Khan? Scoop inside
- Shilpa Shetty Kundra slams divorce rumours, says she loves her husband—Full story inside!