Salman Khan hit-and-run case: Another witness identifies actor
Zee Media Bureau/Ritika Handoo
New Delhi: Bollywood actor Salman Khan might be gearing up for his big release `Kick` right now, but the ghosts of his past refuse to die down. The trial in his infamous 2002 hit-and-run case will continue, as per media reports.
The actor who reached the Mumbai sessions court for the hearing in morning, might be in for a toss as another witness has identified him, reportedly.
According to reports, the witness has apparently identified the star and said that he saw him getting out of the car that dreadful night.
The Bollywood actor’s car had run over a group of people sleeping on a pavement in Bandra, killing one person and injuring four others in an accident, twelve years ago.
Three eyewitnesses had testified before the court and identified the actor, last month. The 48-year-old actor was seen by these two witnesses getting out of his car on that fateful day, said reports.
One of the witnesses, who deposed earlier this month had lodged a complaint claiming that he had received a threatening call a few days back, reports added.
During the deposing process last week, a witness named Samba Gowda, said he had drawn panchnama of the articles seized by police on the day of the incident on September 28, 2002.
The witness told prosecutor Jagannath Kenjalkar that a big car was involved in the accident and that police had reached the spot along with him. He further said the car had rammed into a laundry and its bumper had hit the shutter of the shop. The witness said he saw glass pieces, number plate of the car and bumper parts lying on the spot. These articles were seized by police and a panchnama was drawn by him.
On March 26, three witnesses failed to turn up as they were either not available or untraceable making this the second occasion when the fresh trial had not begun in the case.