Salman Khan hit-and-run case: Hearing deferred till September 5
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: A Mumbai sessions court on Monday deferred the hearing in the 2002 hit-and-run case involving Bollywood actor Salman Khan till September 5.
The superstar was charged with culpable homicide not amounting to murder by the court on July 24.
The 47-year-old actor was booked under sections 304 Part (2), 279, 337, 338, 427 of the Indian Penal Code and section 134(a) (b) of Motor Vehicles Act section 66(B).
The superstar had pleaded not guilty in the case and may face a ten-year jail term if convicted under section 304 Part (2) of the IPC.
Salman, driving a Land Cruiser, had allegedly crushed to death a group of people sleeping on the pavement outside a bakery in suburban Bandra in the wee hours of September 28, 2002.
He was reportedly drunk at the time of the accident.
Earlier, Khan had been tried under the less severe section 304A of IPC, relating to causing death by negligence, which stipulates a maximum two years in jail.
However, the metropolitan magistrate, after examining 17 witnesses in the case, had invoked more serious charges against Khan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Matthew Goode leaving 'The Good Wife'
- `Fantastic Four` backlash does not bother Michael B Jordon
- Two of Drake's songs leak online
- Amy Schumer collaborates with Paul Feig for action comedy
- 'Now You See Me 3' in works
- `Tanu Weds Manu Returns`: Varun, Karan awed by Kangana Ranaut
- Amal Clooney wants to be on Vogue's cover
- Kanye West's marriage will last 'forever', says stepmom
- Model-actress Kelly Brook planning family
- Chelsea Handler goes topless in Bahamas
- Khloe Kardashian, Rick Fox spark dating rumours
- Matthew Goode leaving 'The Good Wife'
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Sharon Osbourne taking month long break form 'The Talk'
- 'Supergirl' won't have cross over with 'Arrow' and 'The Flash'
- Time has come to quit 'Doctors': Ian Kelsey
- Nick Nolte to play disgraced US president in new series
- 'Heroes Reborn' brings back Greg Grunberg
- Marvel's 'Empire of the Dead' to be adapted for TV
- Divyanka Tripathi intimidates her fans
- 'Indian Idol Junior' sets ball rolling with Bollywood music
- Boman Irani, Sonu Sood to share relationship secrets on Farah Khan's show
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly