Salman Khan is like a sardaar, very large hearted: Ajay Devgn
Mumbai: As Ajay Devgn’s ‘Son of Sardaar’ starring Sonakshi Sinha, Sanjay Dutt and Juhi Chawla is all set to make a splash on the silver screen tomorrow, the actor-producer reminisces certain nostalgic moments.
Ajay has been very upset following the controversy over the release of SOS on the same day as Shah Rukh Khan;s ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’ and the monopolistic approach of the Yash Raj banner. However, the actor hasn’t lost confidence is raring to release his film on Diwali.
Talking to a daily, Ajay mentioned his close friends Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar, who have played a vital role in making ‘SOS’ possible.
He said, “Salman is like a sardaar — very large hearted. I approached him for the cameo and told him I wanted to use his song ‘Po po’ in my film, and he happily obliged.”
Apparently, Ajay had asked for the title of the film from Akshay Kumar. Ajay said, “I had asked Akshay for the title, and I know it was extremely close to his heart. But it’s a very good gesture on Akshay’s part to give it away and I am indebted to him for it. Akshay told me, ‘Tu bola, aur yeh title tera hogaya (You asked for it and so it’s your now).
And for those who were wondering if Ajay Devgn is indeed a lion-hearted Sardaar, here’s a confirmation from the actor himself.
“My forefathers and grandfather used to wear the turban. I guess my dad, after coming to Mumbai, changed the tradition. I was very confused, so I discussed it with my dad and discovered yes, I am a sardaar, but without a turban.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- John Abraham rocks as 'Rocky Handsome'—New poster!
- Impressed Arjun Rampal goes all praises for 'Fitoor'
- Smoking hot: Vin Diesel, Deepika Padukone set temperature soaring in new ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ pic
- Ever wondered what you really are? Take quiz now!
- Watch: Mother puts her triplets and toddler to bed – Viral video
- Ratna Pathak Shah is my permanent filmi maa: Fawad Khan
- Owe no explanation to the world: Shabana Azmi on Farhan-Adhuna split
- Katrina Kaif's reaction on 'live-in' relationship with Ranbir Kapoor is epic!
- Aishwarya chills with Aaradhya, Shweta—See pic shared by Amitabh Bachchan!
- Meet Katrina Kaif’s Valentine date