Salman Khan organizes special ‘Vishwaroopam’ screening; Kamal Haasan overwhelmed
Mumbai: The film fraternity might have verbally expressed its support to Kamal Haasan over the ban on his film ‘Vishwaroopam’ in Tamil Nadu, but the one to have translated his endorsement into action is Salman Khan.
The Bollywood superstar held a special screening of the film as a mark of respect to the legendary actor, whose latest has been embroiled in a series of controversies.
Talking to a tabloid, an overwhelmed Haasan said, “I have known Salman for a while. Rani Mukerji had introduced us many years ago. We haven`t been phone buddies and that is why I was overwhelmed by his support on twitter.”
“I learnt he was keen to watch the film. But before I could make arrangements, he had already organised it with help from the distributors (Balaji). He was too fast for me!" laughs the ‘Vishwaroop’ maker,” added Haasan.
Salman watched the film with his father Salim Khan and felt that there was no objectionable content.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Arshad Warsi says 'Mata ka email' song doesn't intend to hurt anyone's sentiments
- 'Guddu Rangeela' conveys serious message with pinch of salt, says Arshad Warsi
- PIL against 'Mohalla Assi': HC fixes July 6 as date of hearing
- Sunny Leone to play cameo in Akshay Kumar's 'Singh Is Bliing'
- Katy Perry named Forbes highest paid female entertainer of 2015
- Watch: Shah Rukh Khan thanks his 'ardent' fans for loving him all these years!
- Salman Khan moved to tears after watching ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’
- Watch: Salman Khan shares funny video featuring Kabir Khan!
- Deepika Padukone skips Arjun Kapoor's bash?