Salman Khan, the name changer?
Zee Media Bureau/Ritika Handoo
New Delhi: `Dabangg` actor Salman Khan has over the years stood out as a personality who doesn`t really need a film to make his presence felt.
The 48-year-old actor has a name to reckon with and he commands a certain respect in the industry, which indeed is not without a reason. Turns out that newcomer Kiara Advani who happens to make her début with `Fugly` changed her name as suggested by the `Wanted` star.
According to a leading daily, the newbie has confessed that her original name was `Alia` but she got it changed to `Kiara` as Alia Bhatt has already made her name in the industry and it would be confusing for the audience.
In fact, the actress reportedly revealed that it was none other than actor Salman Khan who suggested her to make her name officially `Kiara` instead of Alia. The budding actress is reportedly very happy with her name change done by Salman and feels it was the best decision before entering the industry.
Kiara`s debut film `Fugly` is set to hit the theatres on June 13, 2014 and has been directed by Kabir Sadanand. Sallu Bhai does take care of the newer lot by giving them helpful tips. Way to go Salman!
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tweets on Yakub Memon: Salman being targeted for his celebrity status, says Salim Khan
- Richa Chadha turns Persian Empress for Reynu Taandon's show
- J J Abrams broke his back helping injured Harrison Ford
- Jaya gives Rs 6 lakh assistance to ailing Tamil folk singer
- Watch: Peppy wedding song 'Tutti Bole Wedding Di' from 'Welcome Back'!