Salman Khan’s NGO comes to aid of drought-hit Maha districts
Beed: Bollywood star Salman Khan`s `Being Human` foundation has come forward to offer help in the drought-hit Marathwada region of Maharashtra.
The foundation will provide 2,500 water tankers with a storage capacity of 2,000 litres each to the drought affected districts of Marathwada from May 6 to 31, according to an e-mail received recently by the Aurangabad Divisional Commissioner from Salman`s `Being Human` Foundation.
Beed Residential District Collector B M Kamble said they had also received a mail regarding this from the divisional commissioner yesterday.
"We have received an e-mail that Beed district will get 750 water tanks from `Being Human` foundation. We have informed the Divisional Commissioner for distribution of these tanks," Kamble said.
As per the e-mail, the NGO would supply 750 water tankers to Beed, 500 each to Osmanabad and Jalna, and 250 each to Aurangabad and Nanded.
People of the Marathwada region have been facing acute water scarcity caused by uneven distribution of rainfall in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma are glowing in GOLD! PIC will make you drool
- NO Kajol in Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'? Hot Scoop
- Shooting for Anil Kapoor starrer '24' Season 2 wrapped up!
- Delhi teachers get yoga training from Ramdev!
- I play better cricket post 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story': Sushant Singh Rajput