Salman Rushdie’s Kolkata trip cancelled following protests
Mumbai: Writer Salman Rushdie, who is currently in the country to promote the cinematic adaptation of his book ‘Midnight’s Children’ by Deepa Mehta has had to cancel his trip to Kolkata after Muslim groups staged a protest in the city.
The Kolkata police informed the organisers about the protests who had to eventually call off their plans to promote the film in the city along with filmmaker Mehta and actor Rahul Bose. However, the police claim that they had assured complete security to the cast and the crew of the film.
‘Midnight’s Children’ is slated to release this Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Alia my inspiration for doing 'Shaandaar': Shahid
- Raksha Bandhan: The crazy video by Akshay Kumar with sister will leave you in splits!
- Alia Bhatt will never make 'first move' in relationships
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Newlyweds Shahid-Mira make fashion debut at Masaba's LFW show