Sandler best amongst worst: Gets 11 Razzies nominations
Los Angeles: Actor Adam Sandler has received a record 11 nominations for this year`s Razzies, which celebrates the worst films of the past year in a spoof on the Oscars. His nominations include worst actor for both ‘Jack and Jill’ and ‘Just Go with It’. He also has two nominations as worst screen couple opposite Jennifer Aniston in ‘Just Go with It’ and opposite Katie Holmes in ‘Jack and Jill’, reports a website.
After being a producer on ‘Bucky Larson’ and ‘Jack and Jill’, Sandler received nods in the worst picture and worst prequel, remake, rip-off or sequel categories. He also got worst-screenplay nominations as a writer on both movies, and a worst ensemble nomination for ‘Jack and Jill’.
"It`s almost karmic for someone to have made that much razz-able stuff in one year. He has angered someone really powerful, I would say," said John Wilson, Razzies founder.
The awards are normally held the night before the Oscars, but this year organisers have now moved them to April 1 as they think April Fool`s Day is the ideal time to have them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vin Diesel enjoys cutting chai with Deepika Padukone
- National award-winning filmmaker Deepak Roy dead at 67
- Sidharth Malhotra turns 32, B-Town wishes him more success
- Javed Akhtar, Vivek Agnihotri question 'azadi' for Zaira Wasim
- Shah Rukh Khan finds his conversations with son AbRam 'most enlightening'