Sandra Bullock, Melissa McCarthy bonded on `The Heat` set
Los Angeles: Actresses Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy grew close while shooting for ‘The Heat’ in Boston - they arranged play dates for their kids and also exchanged home decorating tips.
Bullock is mother of adopted son Louis, while McCarthy has two daughters with actor husband Ben Falcone. Bullock, 48, admits she was shocked to learn that the kids had so much in common, reports contactmusic.com.
She said: “Having kids connected us on a deeper level. And the things we`re obsessed with outside of being a mum are the same, too. Construction and house renovation... The minute they`d say, `And cut,` we`d bolt to our little chairs, flip open our iPads, and look at magazines.”
"We`d say, `I`m tearing down a wall; do you think we should do the window here?` We`re kindered spirits in that world,” she added.
The stars brought their children to the set everyday and McCarthy, 42, reveals that the trio acted like siblings after spending so much time together.
She said: “Even though he`s tiny, Louis really played big brother. He would put his arms around their shoulders or go in front of them and block them if he didn`t like something. He was running security.”
Both the actresses have remained close ever since, with both families enjoying a holiday trip to Disneyland together.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dev Diwali, Karthigai Deepam: Know significance and legend
- 'Foo Fighters' dedicates free EP to Paris
- Swaragini: Will Swara prove her innocence? Will Mom, Badi Ma have faith in her again?
- Television no longer small medium, says Juhi Parmar
- Spirituality: Chant Dhanvantri Mantra for healing, good health
- Intolerance issue: AR Rahman expresses solidarity with Aamir Khan, says he too faced similar situation
- Intolerance issue: Here’s what Raveena Tandon feels
- Intolerance row: Police complaint against Aamir Khan; protests soar outside residence
- Sofia Vergara's wedding dress took 1,657 hours to make
- Deepika has discovered her emotional quotient: Imtiaz Ali