Sanjay Dutt adopts father`s `Mujhe Jeene Do` look for `SOS`
Mumbai: Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt adopted his father Sunil Dutt`s dacoit avatar from 1963 film ‘Mujhe Jeene Do’ for upcoming movie ‘Son Of Sardar’ (SOS).
The actor had plans of remaking his father`s film ‘Mujhe Jeene Do’, but the plan has been incorporated in the Ajay Devgn-starrer ‘SOS’. If a reliable source is to be believed, Sanjay`s clothes and make-up have been modelled around his father`s look.
However, this wasn`t the original plan.
"When Sanjay signed on for `SOS`, he didn`t even know what his role was. He just did it blindly for his friend Ajay Devgn, who`s producing the film. No particular look or get-up was planned for Sanjay initially. But then `Agneepath` came."
"In the film, the special look went a long way in making Sanjay`s character a success. That`s when Ajay suggested a special get-up for his pal Sanjay to director Ashwin Dheer," said a source.
While various looks were being discussed, Sanjay suggested his father`s "Mujhe Jeene Do" look, which had fascinated him since he was a child.
Dheer says the ‘Mujhe Jeene Do’ look went a long way in giving character and personality to Sanjay Dutt`s part in ‘SOS’.
"Mr.Dutt plays Sonakshi Sinha`s over-possessive brother. Yes, his look and character bear a definite resemblance to Sunil Dutt sahab in `Mujhe Jeene Do`. In fact, we put Sanjay on a horse after a very long time. It`s uncanny how much he resembles his father in `SOS`. When I pointed it out to Mr.Sanjay Dutt, he got very emotional," said the director.
This is not the first time that Sanjay has donned his dad`s on-screen dacoit avatar. In 1990, Sanjay did ‘Jeene Do’, which was a straight homage to his ‘Mujhe Jeene Do’.
Sanjay later felt that at that time he was too young to carry it off.
"Now is the time when Mr.Sanjay Dutt is discovering the wonder that his father was, and so he is able to convey his deep admiration in his performance," said Dheer.
Sanjay has a hand-to-hand, fist-to-fist combat with Ajay during the climax of ‘SOS’, and he reflects his father`s personality very visibly in the scene, according to the source.
‘SOS’ will hit the screens Nov 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gita Jayanti special: Celebrate the birth of Srimad Bhagavad Gita
- Yash and Radhika Pandit's wedding pictures will melt your heart
- Rajinikanth leaves Shah Rukh, Salman and Aamir behind
- Shraddha Kapoor reveals her wardrobe essentials
- Bigg Boss season 10: Wild card entry Jason Shah exits Salman Khan’s show?
- Superstar Rajinikanth requests fans not to celebrate his birthday
- Rishi Kapoor and Neetu Kapoor thank Gauri Khan for turning Ranbir's house into home!
- I stress, worry, get nervous: Vaani Kapoor
- Sonakshi Sinha wishes 'Happy Birthday' popsy to Shatrughan Sinha, posts adorable PIC
- Nargis Fakhri's advice about 'drinking water' is what you should know for keeping a healthy body!