Sanjay Dutt cancels `Policegiri` premiere for flood victims
Mumbai: Manyata Dutt has confirmed that her husband Sanjay Dutt, who is currently completing his three-and-half-year jail sentence, has cancelled Dubai premiere of ‘Policegiri’. Instead, he suggested to organise paid premiere to raise funds for Uttarakhand flood victims.
Produced by Rahul Aggarwal and directed by KS Ravikumar, the film is coming out Friday.
Manyata said she informed her husband in jail about the Dubai premiere through a letter.
"But he didn`t want to spend money on premiere and then there was no artist, Sanju is also not here. So, he said instead of a premiere in Dubai, we can have a paid preview and donate the money earned through it to the Prime Minister`s Relief Fund for Uttarakhand victims and it would be better," said Manyata Tuesday at the special screening of the film, which she attended with her twins.
Sanjay plays a tough cop in ‘Policegiri’, which also stars Prakash Raj and Om Puri in pivotal roles.
The actor was convicted for illegal possession of arms in the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nephew Krushna Abhishek apologises to Govinda! – Know why
- Working birthday for Arjun Kapoor, says Chetan Bhagat
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- Shah Rukh, Ranbir, Abhishek and Amitabh clicked together at Pro Kabaddi League! Pics inside