Sanjay Dutt cancels `Policegiri` premiere for flood victims
Mumbai: Manyata Dutt has confirmed that her husband Sanjay Dutt, who is currently completing his three-and-half-year jail sentence, has cancelled Dubai premiere of ‘Policegiri’. Instead, he suggested to organise paid premiere to raise funds for Uttarakhand flood victims.
Produced by Rahul Aggarwal and directed by KS Ravikumar, the film is coming out Friday.
Manyata said she informed her husband in jail about the Dubai premiere through a letter.
"But he didn`t want to spend money on premiere and then there was no artist, Sanju is also not here. So, he said instead of a premiere in Dubai, we can have a paid preview and donate the money earned through it to the Prime Minister`s Relief Fund for Uttarakhand victims and it would be better," said Manyata Tuesday at the special screening of the film, which she attended with her twins.
Sanjay plays a tough cop in ‘Policegiri’, which also stars Prakash Raj and Om Puri in pivotal roles.
The actor was convicted for illegal possession of arms in the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mamata Banerjee pays homage to 'Mahanayak' Uttam Kumar
- Want to make your loved one's birthday special? Watch how to make handmade cards!
- Sidharth Malhotra, Katrina Kaif look super HOT in new 'Kala Chashma' stills! You will 'Baar Baar Dekho' it
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' beats Salman Khan's 'Sultan', rakes in Rs 40 cr on opening day!
- 'Casino Royale' actress Caterina Murino was sleepless over rape cases in India
- Arjun Rampal's mother fights cancer, actor prays for her good health
- Adele plants kiss on fan's lips
- Hrithik Roshan's kids Hrehaan and Hridhaan emulate daddy dearest and we are loving it! See pic
- Whoa! Deepika Padukone meets Ranbir Kapoor, Fawad Khan on 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' sets?