Sanjay Dutt gets teary-eyed over mother`s fight against cancer
Mumbai: Actor Sanjay Dutt, who announced the collaboration between the Nargis Dutt Memorial Cancer Foundation and Britain-based NGO Healing Little Hearts here, became emotional as he recalled how he lost his mother, veteran actress Nargis Dutt.
Sanjay, who attended the launch with his sisters Priya and Namrata Wednesday, almost shed a tear or two at the event.
"In the year 1981, when my mother came back from Sloan Kettering Memorial Hospital, she had a liver failure and she was taken to a hospital. I don`t want to name the hospital," Sanjay recalled.
"The team of doctors who took care of her for one-and-a-half to two years flew down to India - the doctors, nurses, everybody who took care of her and they were not allowed to enter the hospital, and we lost our mom the next day. They came to save a life," a teary-eyed Sanjay said.
Talking about the charity work which the Nargis Dutt Memorial Cancer Foundation has been doing for the past 30 years, Priya said it is a quality that she and her siblings have imbibed from their parents - father Sunil Dutt, and mother Nargis.
"We have got it from both of them. I have always seen them doing charitable work. They used to be there for every good cause. So I think we have imbibed it from them," Priya said here.
Nargis Dutt died due to cancer a few days before the release of Sanjay`s debut film ‘Rocky’ in 1981.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What's the joke? Riteish Deshmukh and Akshay Kumar's 'Housefull3' moment!
- Was intimidated by Amit Trivedi: 'Baby Doll' singer Kanika Kapoor
- 'Sultan' is Salman Khan's best performance: Randeep Hooda
- 'Naagin' should have second season: Arjun Bijlani
- Whoa! Kareena Kapoor Khan gets bigger role in Sonam Kapoor's 'Veera Di Shaadi'?
- Is it a bubble or a pony? Sunny Leone's latest hairstyle is something to watch out for!
- Bipasha Basu is living life queen-size with hubby Karan Singh Grover—Here's proof!
- Amber Heard feuding with Johnny Depp's family
- Happy Birthday AbRam Khan, you are an adorable munchkin! See what daddy Shah Rukh posted
- Actors face many demons everyday: Radhika Apte