Sanjay Dutt ruined 8 years of my life, says producer Noorani

Last Updated: Dec 28, 2010, 21:09 PM IST

Spicezee Bureau

Mumbai: The Bombay High Court has ordered attachment of two properties of film actor Sanjay Dutt in keeping with an arbitration award passed by the Indian Motion Pictures Producers` Association in January this year on a financial dispute between him and producer Shakeel Noorani.

According to a TV news channel, the court issued a warrant against Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt for confiscation of all his property. Shakeel went on record saying that he has been duped by Sanjay and because of him he has lost 8 years of his life.

The court took this action on the petition filed by Shakeel Noorani back in 2002, who claimed that the actor backed out of his film titled ‘Jaan Ki Bazzi’. Noorani dragged the actor to court over losses incurred due to the actor abandoning a film.

According to the court order, all of Sanjay’s belongings can be seized and he might even turn homeless.

Speaking from Sanjay’s residence, Noorani said, “I have just pasted the court’s attachment notice at Sanjay Dutt’s home and tomorrow I will be going to his office. This man wasted 8 years of my life. The film was 50% complete and he left it mid way. I have made ‘Joru Ka Ghulam’, which was a hit and after that because of this issue, I have been facing a lot of problems and since then haven’t been able to release any other film.”

He further added, “I am grateful that the court passed the order in my favour. The lost time won’t come back again. I could regain my stake in the industry, but I will not sit back against wrong done to me because of which even my kids had to suffer.”

However, Sanjay has the option of approaching the Supreme Court to challenge the High Court’s order.

Efforts were being made to contact Sanjay Dutt to know what he plans to do next, but all went in vain. However, his lawyer said that they will challenge the illegal claims made by Noorani as when the court opens.

Dutt has 6 weeks to contest the notice and the alleged false decree that has been granted by Bombay HC. Country’s eminent lawyer Satish Manchandani, addressing media on behalf Dutt said, “We will have a look at the decree execution order of the High Court and then decide on appropriate action to be taken in this matter”.